CT Chapter Meeting Minutes
Wednesday January 13, 2016
Hopkins School ~ 986 Forest Road, New Haven
(GPS Directions – 94 Knollwood Drive, New Haven)
Present: Phil Schneider, Rich Heritage, Mike Scalan, Dick Naramore, Matt Glaser, Ching D’Arminio, Bill Glenn, Sandy MacMullen, Brian O’Neill, Drew McElroy, Lindsey Jardine, Randy Bayliss, Sean Cole, Ian Knechtle, Mark Duclos, Sean Peoples, Caitlyn Hinchey, Steve Hinchey, Mitch Felton, Will Mraz
Meeting called to order at 6:55pm
· Review of meeting minutes from December 10, 2015 meeting – no further discussion
· CT Chapter Board Elections – the following slate of Officers and Board Members was approved unanimously
President – Phil Schneider
Vice President – Women’s Game – Will Mraz
Vice President – Men’s Game – Drew McElroy
Secretary – Sean Peoples
Treasurer – Mitch Felton
Official’s Rep (Boys) – Mike Scanlan
Official’s Rep (Girls) – Randy Bayliss
High School Rep (Girls) – Bill Glenn
High School Rep (Boys) – Ralph Mayo
Youth Rep (Girls) – Brian O’Neill, Caitlyn Hinchey, Kim Bandak, Judy Scinto
Youth Rep (Boys) – Al DiVincentis
At Large Rep (Girls) – Tina Crispens, Lindsey Jardin, Sean Cole
At Large Rep (Boys) – Matt Glaser, Ching D’Arminio
Past President – Rich Heritage
College Rep (Women) – Joe Caruso
College Rep (Men) – Ian Knechtle
Post-Collegiate Rep (Women) - OPEN
Post-Collegiate Rep (Men) - OPEN
· Committee assignments and Responsibilities – the following committees were discussed and chairperson’s approved. New Board members will select a committee to serve on. Future Chapter meetings will include brief committee meetings to discuss action items.
Coaching Education Coordinator – Will Mraz
Events Coordinator – Drew McElroy
Communications Coordinator (Webmaster) – Randy Bayliss
Hall of Fame Coordinator – Rob Hoynes
Grant Coordinator – Mark Duclos
Sponsorship/Fundraising Coordinator – Mitch Felton
Sportsmanship Coordinator – Bill Glenn
o Grant Committee Report – Mark Duclos reported that there were two grant applications from the fall (Cromwell, Chapter 126) that are still in discussion with Committee members and will be decided shortly. Also one grant has been received for the Spring grant period. Spring grant period deadline is January 31st.
· CT Chapter Day of Giving – Mitch Felton reported on his idea for an annual Lacrosse Day of Giving. The design and plan for the day is still to be determined, but the idea of service to others and giving back to the community is within the goals of CT Chapter. The CT Chapter Board supports this idea and will be working with the Events Committee to begin planning.
· Sponsorship and Fundraising Committee – Mitch reported on the formation of the new Sponsorship and Fundraising committee. The committee will be responsible for establishing a protocol for sponsorship and fundraising opportunities for the Chapter. The committee will work with local businesses and corporations to develop partnerships to continue to support and grow the game of lacrosse. These partnerships have the potential to raise the awareness of the Chapter and to make the Chapter less dependent on US Lacrosse National funding. Phil Schneider reported that US Lacrosse National is interested in working with the CT Chapter to pilot a sponsorship program. Mitch will be meeting with US Lacrosse represents at the USL Convention in Baltimore in January.
· CT Chapter Youth Coaches Clinic – The annual Youth Coaches Clinic will be held at Albertus Magnus College again this year. Phil asked for preferences on which date would be better to hold the clinic (March 12th or 13th). No date was decided at meeting. Phil also asked Board members to send ideas about presenters for the clinic.
· Learn to Play Clinics – Five coaches from the CT Chapter will be trained as Learn to Play trainers at the USL Convention next week. Learn to Play clinics will be scheduled after the clinic. More information about Learn to Play clinics can be found on US Lacrosse website (www.uslacrosse.org)
· CT Lacrosse Hall of Fame Procedures – Phil mentioned that the procedures for induction into the CT Lacrosse Hall of Fame had been modified and updated on the CT Chapter website. The date for Hall of Fame nominations for the Class of 2016 is February 15, 2016.
· Program Challenges – no discussion on this agenda item
· Meeting Decisions and Points of Action
o Committee Assignments – Board members should email Phil with committee preferences
o CT Chapter Day of Giving – Board members should email Phil and Mitch with ideas for this event
o Youth Coaches Clinic – Board members should email Phil with ideas for presenters
o Hall of Fame Nominations – Board members should encourage people to nominate candidates for Hall of Fame.
- US Lacrosse National Convention – January 22-24 ~ Baltimore, MD
- CT Chapter Grant Applications by January 31, 2016
- CT Hall of Fame Nominations by February 15, 2016
Meeting adjourned at 8:40pm
Next Meeting – Wednesday February 10, 2016 ~ Chapter 126 ~ 47 Upson Street, Bristol